News & Events
District seeks community members for advisory team
Facilities Advisory Task Force to provide input on district facilities
Edina Public Schools is seeking applicants for a one-year appointment to the 2012-13 Facilities Advisory Task Force (FATF). The purpose of the FATF, which will serve in an advisory function to district leadership and the School Board’s Finance and Facilities Committee, is to provide direction and feedback on the enhancement of district facilities, including requirements for long-term maintenance; remodeling, construction and additions; and future furniture and fixtures.
“We know that our schools belong to the community, so it is important to get their input in how we maintain and enhance them for both current and future needs,” said Superintendent Ric Dressen. “The task force will help us assess our facility needs and ensure we have appropriate educational environments for all learners and users.”
The FATF will meet monthly throughout the 2012-13 school year. To be considered for appointment to the FATF, interested community members must complete an application by Monday, October 22.
Facilities Advisory Task Force
Purpose: To provide direction and feedback to the School Board Finance and Facilities Committee on the enhancement of district facilities, including requirements for long-term maintenance; remodeling, construction and additions; and future furniture and fixtures.
- Director of Business Services
- Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds
- Director of Community Education Services
- Wold Architects representative
- Board Finance and Facilities Committee member
- 3 community members
- 2 staff members
- Co-facilitated by Director of Business Services and the School Board member
- Initial extended meeting to provide background and information
- Monthly commitment during the school year
- Based on gained insights and assessments, make recommendations to the School Board Finance and Facilities Committee and the full School Board
- Work in collaboration with the Board Finance and Facilities Committee and full School Board in addressing future facility needs
- Monitor progress of maintenance and construction projects
- As necessary, work in collaboration with other agencies and partnerships to address future facility needs