News & Events
Edina High School inducts seven into Athletic Hall of Fame
Five athletes and two EHS coaches recognized for contributions to program
As part of Friday’s Homecoming festivities, five former Edina High School athletes and two high school coaches were inducted into the Edina High School Athletic Hall of Fame. Current Edina Booster Club president Kathleen Good, along with past president Jim Crist, recognized the seven individuals, highlighting their outstanding athletic accomplishments at Edina, the college level, and beyond.
- Mike Carroll, Class of 1975
- Soccer, hockey and baseball athlete at Edina
- Baseball and hockey play at Mankato State University
- Two years of professional baseball with the Montreal Expos as a first baseman and outfielder.
- Currently, coaching baseball and women’s hockey at Gustavus Adolphus College
- John Darkenwald, Class of 1965
- Football, ski jumping and slalom ski athlete at Edina
- Football at University of Minnesota
- Served as a paramedic in the United States Army and Air Force Reserves and later had a career in Commercial/ Industrial Real Estate Development.
- Douglas King, Class of 1964
- Football, hockey and baseball athlete at Edina
- Hockey and lacrosse at Colorado College.
- Served in the Army Reserves and had a career in medical sales, marketing and management.
- A resident of Edina, and proud parent of EHS 1991 graduate.
- Brock Maiser, Class of 1991
- Soccer, basketball and baseball at Edina
- Baseball at Austin Peay State University
- Currently working for the Minnesota Twins Baseball Organization.
- A resident of Edina, parent to three young children
- Kate Ohrt, Class of 2000
- Soccer, basketball, golf and track at Edina
- Basketball at Gustavus Adolphus College
- Teacher in Minnetonka
- Steve Paulsen, Girls & Boys Tennis Coach
- Combined 19 state team championships (3 for boys, 16 for girls), plus six singles and seven doubles state championships (girls)
- Overall record at Edina is 442-11.
- Named National Coach of the Year by the National Federation of Coaches, and three-time winner of Minnesota Coach of the Year.
- Presently the Director of Tennis at Interlachen Country Club and teacher at Lifetime Fitness in Lakeville.
- Ron Kosteliz, Football and Track & Field Coach
- 36 years of successful coaching at Edina, including several football conference championships and three track & field state championships.
- Selected to coach Metro-All Stars football game in 1991, and inducted into the University of Minnesota- Duluth Football Hall of Fame in 2001.
- A four-year letter winner at University of Minnesota- Duluth, Ron had a brief professional football career with the Minnesota Vikings before coming to Edina in 1968.